our service and our idea
- Japan is opening more towards foreign tourists. During the next few years the number of foreign visitors in Japan is expected double. With our guide-interpreter service we would like to encourage tourists to take the challenge of visiting Japan independently, to go off the tour-group tracks and to discover this interesting country so rich in historical sites, natural beauty and modern, vibrant city life.
- First time visitors might feel uncomfortable traveling without assistance in a country where language and cultural barriers seem to be insurmountable.
We want to help independent visitors to travel around confidently, in order to fully enjoy their trip.
- Getting to know and to love a country also means to know its people. aitaiJapan wants to give a chance to foreign visitors to get in touch with Japanese people or long term foreign residents with a strong interest in their host country.
- We hope that these encounters might contribute to a better understanding of Japanese culture and Japanese people.
- aitaiJapan is a volunteer based association with listings of enthusiastic guides of all ages and in different areas.
- Our guides do not need to be professional guides and they do not need extensive knowledge about cultural, historical or art related issues. Guide experience is an asset, but not a necessity. Our goal is to bring people together.
- As a guide you will enjoy the opportunity to interact with foreign visitors. You might get the chance to learn something new about other cultures and customs, or about other ideas and ways of thinking. It will also provide a great opportunity to speak a foreign language.
- Familiar things and places in your own country may seem different when seen through the eyes of our visitors. You might discover different viewpoints or even learn to appreciate things you haven’t even thought about before.
- As a volunteer guide, not only will you provide a service, you will also benefit from your time as a guide and perhaps enjoy an enriching experience in return.
- We have guides in several areas and we hope to cover as many areas as possible to offer the best possible service.
To realize our idea of a nationwide free guide-interpreter service, we need enthusiastic, open-minded volunteers who love to help and enjoy communicating with foreign people.
- We wish you a lot of fun